[78-L] Durium Hit of the Week 'Hoard'

buster busterdog at mac.com
Sat Jul 25 14:17:12 PDT 2009

i happened to talk to my 91-year old friend just now, and asked her
about HOTW.  she remembered them quite clearly, and says they were no
big deal at the time ("you bought them at the news stand, just like
anything else - they were just there").  she remembered them as being
on cardboard but didn't note that as being anything novel or special.
it was all rather matter-of-fact.  she would have been 15 - 17 during
their heyday, and she was a pretty big pop music fan (sings along and
remembers all the words when i play buff bluebird shep fields songs
for her).