[78-L] Disc Rot in Pearl Music from the New York Stage

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 25 11:52:01 PDT 2009

Volumes 1 through 3 seem to be okay, but I bought those MUCH later than I
did Volume 4 (crazy, I know).  As best as I can tell I got Volume 4 in about
1997, and Volumes 1 through 3 around 2003 or 2004.  I wonder if they are
from different press runs.

Do Pearls have a well known problem with this?  Should I clone the ones that
are still okay?

The disc rot in Volume 4 is red or dark orange and is present on the outside
edge, affecting only the last few tracks of each CD.

Sammy Jones