[78-L] Tops and Top 10 and so on

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 25 07:19:12 PDT 2009

Back to this topic again --- here's one on eBay that just showed up on Tops:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCATMAN-CROTHERS-actor-sings-FATS-DOMINO-songs-1956_W0QQitemZ360173801387QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item53dc080fab&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Scatman Crothers covering Fats Domino on Tops.
The tracks on the a-side are My Blue Heaven and
I'm in Love Again. Note the misspelling of his
last name. I don't know how well he known by the
public at large, but he seems to be the only
'famous name'  that I've heard of on Tops. By the
time this came out he was doing films, and was a
bit higher on the rungs of the ladder, I'd guess, than everyone else on Tops

Oh -- the b-side is a bit more interesting that
normal too. The song is I Want You To Be My Girl
and is performed by girl – the further interesting named Betsy Gay!

I gotta get this one for soooooo many reasons.