[78-L] Who says opera ain't sexy?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jul 24 09:27:14 PDT 2009

>> So I still am wondering who you think said opera ain't sexy.
>> Mike (anybody ever see Clara's Butt?) Biel mbiel at mbiel.com

> Alberto Ginastera had a worldwide sensation with his 1967 opera,
> BOMARZO, that was billed as "the topless opera," with a big fat
> orgy scene that left nothing to the imagination. Columbia made
> a hit recording, that isn't on CD yet.  Dave W.

But was this ever filmed or video recorded??  I see that Joanna Simon
was in the premiere and the Columbia LP.  She turns out to be Walter
Cronkite's most recent love interest after his wife's death.  Much like
Anna Moffo was Robert Sarnoff's love interest.  Looks like both of them
kept to opera singers in their corporate families!  But since Anna
appeared nude in films, did Joanna in opera?

Mike (I have videotape of Anna at ARSC) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com