[78-L] Columbia Archive Series

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 22 15:35:21 PDT 2009

Jack Raymond wrote:

> The four Jolson sides are in fact from the Columbia archives, but the
> two Cantor sides were recorded in the late 1940s, at the time they were
> issued.  Columbia actually had in their archives a 1925 recording of
> "Susie" but chose not to use it.  So much for the "Archives."
>
> -- Jack Raymond

Noop..Archives Series 2 is LA 2050-B and 2172-A, recorded November 26/39 and
February 29/40 respectively and originally on red Columbia 35325 and 35428.
Canadian issue is C-10163 if anybody's taking notes.

I forgot to mention that Cantor also did 7 sides in 1934 which appeared on the
various ARC labels and Rex in the UK, including two totally different versions
of "When My Ship Comes In", both of which were issued.