[78-L] Columbia Archive Series

Jack Raymond jraymond at alumni.princeton.edu
Wed Jul 22 15:00:23 PDT 2009

> Han Enderman wrote:
>
>>> Co Archives Series
>>> 1 = JOLSON: April Showers / Rock-a-bye your baby
>>> 2 = CANTOR: ...Susie / Margie
>>> 3 = JOLSON: The Cantor / Victor YOUNG: Hebrew Chant.
>>>
>>> I have 2 different label images of #2, so it was repressed, but had not yet seen #3.
>>> Jolsons incompletely listed in CED.

The four Jolson sides are in fact from the Columbia archives, but the
two Cantor sides were recorded in the late 1940s, at the time they were
issued.  Columbia actually had in their archives a 1925 recording of
"Susie" but chose not to use it.  So much for the "Archives."

-- Jack Raymond