[78-L] audio software

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Mon Jul 20 21:14:28 PDT 2009

>I am not understanding how you use a spectrum analysis to correct pitch
>variations. Perhaps you can clarify a bit.

I use it to figure out the correct playback speed for a record - not
to correct pitch variations within a record. I use the spectrum
analyzer to get the frequencies of notes in the recording and figure
out how much it would have to speed up or slow down for each note to
be on pitch. I then take the average of the speed changes and use
that to figure out the correct playback speed.

>I think you mean "amplitude as a function of frequency" and not
>"amplitude vs. frequency"

"A vs. B" is a standard phrase meaning "A on one axis of the graph
and B on the other."

>So maybe I was not clear. I'm looking for a visual display of wow. Then
>I could use a pitch shifter, like the one in DCart, to make a fix for that.
>
>joe salerno

Sorry - I'm not aware of any tool that does this.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/