[78-L] FW: New CD: Bali 1928

Joel Bresler joel.br at verizon.net
Mon Jul 20 20:13:24 PDT 2009

Hi, I thought some members might be interested in this project, which looks
very worthwhile.

By the way, can anyone speak about this one sentence:

"The 78rpm transfers were realized through Arbiter's proprietary Sonic Depth
Technology restoration, which allows for a greater transparency and presence
in sound recordings once considered limited and compressed.

I was reminded of the joke that it is very easy to turn a cow into
hamburger, and very difficult to turn hamburger into a cow...is it possible
to faithfully "add back" missing information to limited and compressed sound
recordings?

Best,

Joel

Joel Bresler, Publisher
www.sephardicmusic.org
250 E. Emerson Road
Lexington, MA 02420
United States

1-781-862-4104 (Telephone & FAX)
joel.br at verizon.net
IN CASE OF VERIZON EMAIL PROBLEMS, PLEASE USE MY BACK-UP EMAIL:
joelbresler-at-gmail.com