[78-L] Hugo and Luigi Research

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Thu Jul 16 14:52:58 PDT 2009

Seriously, guys...

Have you ever listened to Mantovani vn + Sidney Torch org ? They recorded
some nice UK Deccas 'round 1940, like Intermezzo and By The Sleepy Lagoon,
one of my fav's.ç

Also Mantovani orch., recorded some nice dance-band pieces near 1943, like
the Jealousy/Cumparsita tango disc (UK Decca too) and another favourite No
Souvenirs/Dancing is Another Name For Love, with vocals by Jack Plant, a
fine vocalist.

Later records were more like the Domino style referred.

Iñigo Cubillo