[78-L] tolerance

martha mlk402 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 15 22:14:12 PDT 2009

 I took the meaning as "not examples of SOCIAL misfits".

 In our follow-the-herd, broken-down society,  anyone who has a devotion to
a hobby or scholarly interest is automatically a "misfit".  Just reading a
history book or visiting the library now and then puts one outside the
"normal" realm.   It doesn't stop one from being a polite, friendly, and
even charming member of the human race (as I've found most of the collectors
I have met )  .

I find it sad that Buster wants to equate having an interest with being a
social outcast (or antisocial weirdo, even) .