[78-L] Fox Movietone label

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Jul 15 08:31:04 PDT 2009

>I have a few Twentieth Century Fox LP's of Glenn MiIller sound tracks from
> "Sun Valley Serenade" and "Orchestra Wives".
>
> Al S.

I have a couple of the Orchestra Wives 78s (originally was going to be
titled "Orchestra Wife") for the soundtrack,  as well as some from
Alexander's Ragtime Band and a couple other 30s Fox films.

The latest one I have is Alice Faye singing "You'll Never Know" from
Hello,  Frisco,  Hello...that's '44 or '45.

I wonder if they started switching to tape after that which is why we (or at
least I) don't see any similar disks from early 50s musicals.

Taylor