[78-L] What's the earliest known electric matrix of theD/H/VTchain store series?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Jul 14 20:55:05 PDT 2009

> To answer this accurately,I would have to find the milk box which
> contains the low-number Harmonys and audition them one by one...!
> In any case, there was at least one 1925 Harmony which pairs two
> electric sides; these were probably recorded originally to be issued
> on Columbia...but instead of being rejected were issued on Harmony.
> The relevant details I NO LONGER recall...?! (dance-band sides)

Steve,  Is this 1925 electric Harmony one that you have in your collection
or heard about from someone?    If it's the real thing that would be
amazing.

Harmony seemed more inclined to do their first electric recording for
vocalists,  as Steve has pointed out.  In '28 - '29 you'll find electric
Harmony  Hanshaw,  Vallee,   Jack Miller,  Willard Robison,  Jack Hart,
"The Singing Boys" and some others,  all before there were any electric
dance band sides that I've seen.  If there are earlier ones,  I hope I can
find them.

Taylor