[78-L] Bluebird albums

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 14 19:22:41 PDT 2009

Some of them were in a packet, as Ted says..I have the Artie Shaw album as a
standard album (5 discs would have made for a heavy packet). And lots of the
Kiddie albums were done in that folder format with the records in sleeves,
glued to one long piece of cardboard folded twice. That was hell on the records
when the cardboard began to warp. Decca did the same idiotic theme with grownup
sets like Panama Hattie and Boys From Syracuse.

I've even seen one Victor "album" in a packet..P-2, Christmas Hymns, Chorus
with Lew White at the organ.

dl