[78-L] tolerance

buster busterdog at mac.com
Tue Jul 14 16:24:55 PDT 2009

This group, by definition, is composed of a higher than average number
of "eccentrics." That's what we record collectors are, to ourselves at
least, as has recently been discussed. Outsiders are less kind, often
(seen "Ghost World" or "American Splendor"?  78 collectors are
pitiable freaks and outcasts).  We have bombastic pontificators,
tightwads, endless repeaters, egotists, antisocial hermits, whiners,
and who knows what else.  I mean, fergawdsakes, if you need any
evidence just look at Leah's trailer, or go to an ARSC event.

But when somebody needs an obscure matrix number, it's here too. We
put up with one to get the other, or at least we'd like to hope so.

So if a member is eccentric here in this hopefully safe environment,
how about a little tolerance, instead of dickishness?  If nothing
else, it requires fewer keystrokes to hit the delete key than to
insult someone personally, at length and in public.

-- Buster
Busterdog at mac.com