[78-L] Paramount studio records?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Jul 14 16:03:00 PDT 2009

In case some of you have been hitting me with the delete button recently I'd
like to repost my questions about those Paramount studio records I mentioned
the other day...three sides by Bernie and one by Lombardo.

My theory/guess is that these were the actual original  recordings which
were then dubbed onto the movie soundtracks in order to get a better sound
that they would have recording the music on the sound stage.

Does anyone have any others like this from that era.  I have a number of
20th Century Fox pressings from the later 30s and the early 40s but nothing
else that early (1934).

Also curious who might have been pressing such things in LA in '34.

Thanks from

Taylor