[78-L] Over There to Over Here

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jul 13 19:35:42 PDT 2009

> US Decca also issued a fair number of Decca(UK) records in the thirties.
> As well, "Jumbo" UK records were sold here in Canada...IIRC this was
> part of the "Lindstrom" connection...?
>
> ...stevenc

I had totally forgotten that until Steven reminded us...many,  many Ambrose
sides on American Decca and quite a few Harry Roy sides as well.  I always
wondered about the number of Roy records issued over here.  He wasn't one of
the elite English bands but he must have developed some following in  North
America,  at least on records.

I don't know anything about the Jumbo or Lindstrom material and would like
to learn more.

Taylor