[78-L] Shilkret "Coast To Coast"

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jul 10 18:30:05 PDT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [78-L] Shilkret "Coast To Coast"
From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, July 10, 2009 6:40 pm
To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

Julian Vein wrote:
>> To my knowledge, Jack Shilkret never recorded for Crown.

>>> Now that Sony owns the American Record Company sides
>>> from 1932 onward,has it been reissued?

> And Crown was never part of ARC. It may belong to whoever
> now owns the Oberstein labels, since Savoy claimed it had
> the rights (dubious claim IMNSHO). dl

Crown was so much not a part of ARC that it was actually pressed by
Victor.  It was not an RCA label but the RCA files hold blue cards
listing the Crown issues with the beautiful Crown labels pasted on the
backs.  Of course RCA Victor is now a part of Sony, but the question
still is that Sony does not own the Crown masters because Victor
actually never did.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com