[78-L] Bad news on record

Robert Shirer rshirer at neb.rr.com
Fri Jul 10 10:24:35 PDT 2009

Steve Goodman was a musical treasure.  As with so many, what a pity we lost
him so young.  I once went to hear Martin, Bogan, and the Armstrongs at The
Earl of Old Town in Chicago.  They billed themselves as an old time string
band.  Sitting in with these old and wonderful black musicians was Steve,
and he held this own very well indeed.  I thing his song for Carl Martin is
one of the very best of his many good songs.
Cheers,
Bob Shirer