[78-L] 78s about radio shows

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 9 22:25:11 PDT 2009

You may be thinking of the one that goes "Little Orphan Annie, you go
smiling through, telling Mr. Trouble, "Who's Afraid of You?" etc.

It's on Nipper's Greatest Hits: the '20s by the Coon-Sanders Nighthawks.
Since it probably dates before the advent of the Orphan Annie radio program,
it may not count!

Believe it or not, the Rhapsody in Blue on that CD (the electric remake) was
the first version of that piece I ever heard, and still my favorite (even in
its abridged state).

Sammy Jones