[78-L] National Music Lovers 1099 - what bands?

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Jul 9 19:12:47 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <zimrec at juno.com>
> Does anyone know what dance bands are on National Music Lovers 1099 and
> from what masters they are taken?  The only numbers in wax are the catalog
> numbers with side designation.  1099-A is "He's a New Kind of Man"  as by
> Master Melody Makers.  1099-B is "I Can't Get The One I Want" by Manhattan
> Musicians.  Both group names were NML pseudonyms.

The now-defunct (AFAIK) "New Amberola Graphic" had a series of articles
listing NML recordings in catalog-number order and identifying the sources/
original issues of all the sides issued on NML! There WAS a time when I
could have grabbed the NAG's and answered your question; however, I am
no longer ABSOLUTELY sure that I still have my NAG "backfile," let alone
wherinell it wound up...?!

...stevenc