[78-L] Hugo and Luigi Research

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 21:10:55 PDT 2009

As far as bad singers are concerned,there were two country artists that I just despised;Sonny James and David Houston who recorded for Columbia.A third singer I had
heard for the first time was Floyd Tilman,a piano player whose "Slippin' Around" was a
big hit circa 1950 by way of Margaret Whiting and Jimmie Wakely.Jimmie Lunceford was
another who used some of his bandsmen as singers such as Willie Smith and Dan Grissom who was known as "Dan Grusome" by the music press.I found Perry Como rather
boring as I did Eddy Arnold in the sixties.In the Rock and Roll vein,there was Fabian Forte
who had more looks than singing talent.