[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 10, Issue 20

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Jul 7 15:43:08 PDT 2009

>I bought the Cantor set on eBay about ten years ago, and duly broke one of
> the discs with the album before I even listened to it (damn those 78
> albums!).  I haven't listened to it in years, but I remember it looking to
> be in good condition, but noisy all the same.
>
> Sammy Jones

I hate those 78 albums too,  Sammy.    The worst and most fragile in my
experience are Deccas.  Best are big,  chunky laminated red Columbias...like
my "Night at the Stork Club" with Sonny Kendis and his Orch.  Highly
recommended to all you dance band fans,  in or out of the dance band closet!
Muted trumpet person is clearly an admirer of Ziggy Elman.

Worst...I don't have room at present to store the damn things so all my 78
album sets (and 99% of my 12" 78s) are still in storage...but I do have
Night at the Stork Club handy at all times for some happy spinning.

Taylor