[78-L] Playing tmes [was Four Lads Stage Show]

Bill McClung bmcclung at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 6 11:51:09 PDT 2009

Some square dance 78s have the key on the label.  I'm assuming this is to
encourage musicians to play along at the dances.

On most of the square dance records I have the song is the same on both
sides.  One side has the music with calls and the other just has the
music.  And some of the instrumental sides are excellent.  The two sides
are different takes with the instrumental side often being a little jazzier
and improvised.  I haven't square danced since third grade but I do
appreciate the source of the music.

signature database 4219 (20090705) __________