[78-L] re-issues

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 5 15:15:52 PDT 2009

Thomas Stern wrote:
> What were the first 8 track per side LPs ?

Not claiming that these are the first, but RCA LPM 1364 (Duke Ellington: In a
Mellotone) and LPM 1503 (Fats Waller: One Never Knows, Do One) have 8 tracks
per side. Issued in 1956 and 1957 respectively. I don't know why I associated
Grauer and Keepnews with these..they were producing RCA reissues, but on "X"
and for the 10-volume alphabetical Encyclopedia of Jazz.

The Hylton was slightly more generous than I thought..5 tracks on one side and
4 on the other.

dl