[78-L] Non-Transcription OTR on 78 (was Decca Specialty Series (DAU-x))

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jul 5 09:46:14 PDT 2009

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> By the way, the "Sorry Wrong Number" album has no cast info,

Anyway, in the U.S. most dramatic radio programs did not announce the
names of the cast!  The Suspense broadcasts of this play only identify
Agnes Moorehead, so there is often more of a quest for the cast names
for OTR broadcasts than for the records.

> just a blank inside liner..they wouldn't have been printing booklets
> that late except for major productions. dl

Wouldn't this have been considered a major production?  The LP had liner
notes and I would think that there would have been a booklet for this
set, but I think the company had become lax in providing them.  We
certainly know that buyers were lax in keeping the booklets!  But every
once in a while I come across a booklet that I had never thought
existed.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com