[78-L] re-issues

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 4 20:11:56 PDT 2009

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]

"I Can't Get Started" WAS dubbed almost complete onto a ten-inch master for the
Berigan Memorial Album (I don't know how much was lopped off..I can't think of
one reason ever to play that disc) but I'm sure the ten-inch dubs were to reach
  a wider audience and for the juke boxes.  Paul Whiteman's "Sweet Sue" was
dubbed intact onto a ten-inch master and pressed in later editions of the
Columbia Bix album, George Avakian's note about "dropping the florid intro"
notwithstanding.

Don't know about those Victor attachments not accepting twelve-inch
records..the 1936 catalog clearly says that it will "actually reproduce the
music from either ten or twelve inch records through the amplifier and speaker
of your radio with all the tone and quality of which the radio is capable".