[78-L] Borge and Big Bird

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 4 17:34:35 PDT 2009

    Big Bird just did a classic Borge joke on live TV -- and CREDITED
Borge!!!!!  It is in the PBS telecast of the Capitol 4th concert.  He
was given the baton to conduct the orchestra and said "Pardon my back,
and pardon my front.  Cause' that's the way I'm built.  Victor Borge,
1956."  Of course he was three years off because it was 1953, but it is
amazing to see OUR culture live on, if only for a little bit.

By the way, if you are reading this in time, you can probably see Leah
and me on NBC's coverage of the NYC 4th fireworks which airs shortly at
9 PM.  We attended a pre-taping on the deck of the USS Intrepid on the
2nd for Jewel singing "America the Beautiful" and the hispanic ladies of
the Broadway revival of "West Side Story" doing "America."  Look at the
back right of the stage.  Leah is in red and I am in light blue.  We
will be easily visible in the West Side Story because we were up front,
but you might only see me holding up my red camera in the Jewel number.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com