[78-L] New Lead-ins and outs (was: label Info.)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 4 07:07:29 PDT 2009

I think Steve was referring more to dubs of black label Victors which were best
sellers and where new parts were needed..not necessarily for the jukeboxes and
for changers but just because the old parts were no longer serviceable. This
applies to Dorsey and Shaw and Miller and Waller sides kept in print through
the 40s, although in numerous instances Canada was able to continue pressing
from the original parts. The post-war reissues of Red Seal and important black
label discs for nostalgia sake often did manage to use originals, and often
alternate takes, but these weren't going to sell in large quantities.

And Columbia DID dub all its reissues from about 1948 on.

dl