[78-L] Black & White #828: Jack McVea

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 3 11:46:13 PDT 2009

According to Lord, here's the entire session:

[M5539-7] Jack McVea
Sammy Yates (tp) Jack McVea (ts) Thomas "Crow" Kahn (p) Gene Phillips (g) Frank
Clarke (b) Robert "Rabon" Tarrant (d,vcl)
Los Angeles, c. January 1947
BW587    The key's in the mailbox (jmv,rt vcl)(1)    Black & White 828, Jukebox
Lil (Swd)JB607
BW588    Richard get hitched (2)                 -                -
BW589    Slowly goin' crazy blues (rt vcl)(2)                  119,            -
BW590    Blues with a feeling (rt vcl)(2)                 -                -

So 589 should be Slowly Goin' Crazy Blues. What does the disc actually play?

By the way, how do you pronounce "Rabon" (Tarrant)?

dl