[78-L] Video

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Jul 2 14:48:56 PDT 2009

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Anyone know if there's any public domain video of Toscanini and
> Bruno Walter? Will meet in underground parking garage if necessary.
> Deep Score

D.S. --

Do you mean video of Artie and Bruno together meeting in an underground
parking garage?  If not, if you are willing to accept video of them
separately conducting an orchestra, the Toscanini Hymn of Nations is PD
because it was an OWI (Office of War Information) propaganda film.
Maybe not the RCA restorations, but the original version with the govn't
titles is commonly available. I'm not sure about Bruno.  Columbia might
have done a promotional film, and usually those are not copyrighted if
they are released for publicity purposes.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com