[78-L] Introduction (a bit long)

Bart garioch at texas.net
Tue Jun 30 07:46:07 PDT 2009

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> Virtually ALL of these "anonymous" credit-less discs were "party records"...
> risque recordings not QUITE (in most cases) illegal (that is, they didn't
> USE
> the bad words!!) but still widely sold!! There is, in fact, a web site
> dedicated
> to such records...David Diehl's "Blue Pages!"

How bad did the words have to be in the thirties?  George Carlin's
famous seven?
"Offspring Deluxe" ends with this rhyme:

Now I know I'll never be a pillar of this great nation,
And I don't expect to ever be fabulously rich,
But I'd far rather be a fascinating bastard
Than a legitimate (whispered) son of a bitch!

> Your other question suggests you should find Kurt Nauck's 78.com web
> site, and purchase a copy of my book, "The (Almost) Complete 78rpm
> Record Dating Guide"...! It will provide ALL the data you seem to be
> seeking...?!
>
> Steven C. Barr
> stevenc at interlinks.net

Look forward to finding your book, and the blues CD's you mentioned in
another post.  Where should I look to find them?

Bart