[78-L] Introduction (a bit long)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Jun 29 18:37:31 PDT 2009

From: "Bill McClung" <bmcclung at ix.netcom.com>
> > > For information about the Austin Record show go to
> > > austinrecords.com.  Next show is in October.

>From Steven C. Barr
> > Does it offer 78's at all?! There USED to be a series of "record
> > shows" held in Toronto...they mainly offered LP's and some 45's,
> > but they had one little corner populated by 78 collectors...

If you had remembered my posting that first mentioned it, I had already
said "There were some 78s there but not like the Jazz Bash we had in New
Jersey last week."  The question had already been answered the first
time the Austin show was mentioned.

From: "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <bratcher at pdq.net>
> For Kurt Nauck's place in Spring Texas you might want to go
> to www.78rpm.com to get the phone number then call first
> before showing up. I think it's by appointment only.

Yes, before visiting Fort Nauck you must make sure that he has disarmed
the machine gun emplacements, tied down the attack dogs, and lowered the
drawbridge over the alligator-filled moat. (Just kidding.  Kurt is a
real nice guy, has a new haircut, but does need to know in advance that
company is coming.)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com