[78-L] Playing European DVDs ^

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 29 18:21:43 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> This may be of interest..it may also not be off topic if it enables you to play
> English and European DVDs containing material by vintage entertainers. I was
> able to make the appropriate adjustment in my Philips DVP 3140 in ten seconds.
>
> Go here and enter the make and model of your machine.
>
> www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Keep in mind that most computer DVD player/burners will only allow you
to do this a limited number of times. I am in the US. I have a few
documentaries sent from England, recorded off BBC television on Citroens
I had to do this with. I played them once, converted them to WMV. In
Windows XP, go to Control Panel/system/hardware/device manager/DVD-CD
Rom Drives. Drop down to the particular drive you wish to change. right
click on Properties. Look for the DVD Region tab. change there.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.