[78-L] Another Internet Nostalgia Station - Benny Goodman and more

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:48:20 PDT 2009

I just got this from Larry Tedder and thought I'd share:

Hello to All -

Just a quick note to let you know, that American Sound Archives radio will be airing a special two hour broadcast on July Fourth called "An Old Fashioned Fourth of July" featuring patriotic songs and songs of Summer. This will air from 4:00pm - 6:00pm (CST), and again at 8:00pm (CST).

On Sunday, July 5th, we will be airing a one hour special called  "The Benny Goodman Centennial Celebration" at 6:00pm (CST), and premiering a new program called "Rhythm Sweet & Hot" at 7:00pm (CST). This program is hosted by Mike Plaskett and Dale Abraham and produced by WDUQ - the radio station of DuQuesne University. "Rhythm Sweet & Hot" features the best in Jazz, Dance, & Swing from the 1920s through the 1940s, and will air every Sunday evening at 7:00pm (CST).

I hope you all will be able to tune in for one (or all!) of the programming. Just go to the American Sound Archives Website (www.americansoundarchive.com) and click on
the "Listen Live" icon.

As always, any comments you have on any of our programming is always appreciated.
Thanks!

"Sing"cerely,

Larry Tedder
ASACurator at aol.com