[78-L] First singing drummer [was Anyone Available to DatethisVelvet Tone]

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jun 29 09:52:40 PDT 2009

Hi Al,Taylot, Julian, maybe I trumped the card game, but I bet there's
earlier ...
  Floyd Campbell drums/vocal december 1924 w Charlie Creath's Jazz O Maniacs
"Market Street Blues", other titles in 1925, Ben recorded as a bandleader
after that, in the NORK records he did not sing.
Hope this helps
Yves Francois

Yves,  You've snatched away the prize on this one...let's see how long you
can keep it.  Are there any earlier drummer vocals on record that Campbell
with Creath?   Did Jack Roth mutter anything on some OM5 disk?

A good topic for discussion!

Taylor