[78-L] Summer re-runs?

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Jun 28 21:23:21 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
>> Well...welcome to the XXI Jahrhundert!! The age best defined by "Money
>> ISN'T everything...it's the ONLY thing" (a re-wording of the well-known
>> cliche phrase!!). It will be interesting to observe human society
>> disollve
>> in the next few decades...and I am SERIOUSLY worried about what will
>> be its replacement in the final decades of human existence...!
>> My NON-humble take thereon..."<intercourse> 'em all but six...and
>> save THOSE for the pall-bearers!!"
>> ...stevenc
> Didn't we all receive this same bit of sour puffery last night,  almost
> word-for-word...down to and including the unfunny coda,  which is even
> less
> funny the second time?  Or is it just the general theme.  so often
> employed,
> and which has been beaten to death,  i.e.  "I hate money,  money isn't
> everything,  but I dwell on it all the time anyway."
> Something does seem to be "disollving" here...but it isn't human society.

YOU WISH!! It ain't ME that "dwells" on money...it is my creditors,
who apparently assume that being too old to find paid work (at 66-2/3)
doesn't disqualify me from the inevitable array of threats...after all,
their
executives NEED those 7-figure "bonuses" to maintain their hierarchical
status among our rapidly-crashing primate species?!

Na und?!

Steven C. Barr