[78-L] GI JOE PICTURE DISC

Michael Shoshani mshoshani at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 28 07:45:30 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 00:10 -0700, 78records at cdbpdx.com wrote:
> Click the link below to see a picture record with vignettes of GI Joe from WWII.  Were these drawn by the artist who penned the GI Joe cartoon series during WWII??  Looks real similar to me.

If it was, there would have been a prominent signature. I'm presuming
this is something done "In The Style Of".

The actual character known as "GI Joe" was a nerdy nebbish with large
spectacles who was the hero of Sgt. Dave Breger's comic panel "Private
Breger".  The characters on this record resemble Bill Mauldin's "Willie
and Joe", but neither of those characters ever had "GI" prepended to
their names.

Michael Shoshani