[78-L] Michael Jackson. A Balanced View.

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jun 27 12:05:48 PDT 2009

From: "Bertrand CHAUMELLE" <chaumelle at orange.fr>

From: fnarf at comcast.net
> That sounds like it might be the other Michael Jackson.

Perhaps the British born talk show host who's star on the Hollywood Walk
of Fame was the site of the first night mourning because the real MJ
star was covered with the red carpet for the premiere of "Bruno".

> But put it on Ebay, and you'll get bids!

There are now over 42,082 MJ items on ebay and it will get lost in the
shuffle.  That is 10 times the amount of items that were up an hour
after he died.  We are seeing copies of the Thriller LP going unsold at
$50 which probably galls the guy who won the $1200 copy right after the
death announcement.

Oh, we put up four videos on YouTube about the feeding frenzy in record
stores and on line.  There is one story that stands out.  The manager of
Bleecker Bob's said an emphatic NO!! when asked if he would be raising
prices on the Jackson LPs.  He is probably the only decent individual in
this situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPryXjfjiWs&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSLATgyMtKw&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h62D27NC_0A&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Q0z9Lt-5o&feature=channel

But among the 42,000 MJ things Leah spotted a copy of the Weird Al LP of
"Even Worse" which looks fantastic right next to a copy of Jackson's
Bad.  I didn't have the LP but I have a CD with a Long Box, and would
love to find (but not for much money) a long box of Bad, because the two
long boxes together look even better than the two LPs, because the
lettering is closer together in the pair of boxes.  I saw it that way in
a store back in the day, the two boxes sharing a browser-bin. We got the
record, just five bucks which is OK for a Weird Al LP. I think I might
have the Bad LP.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com