[78-L] Odd Capitol 78

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Jun 26 20:00:29 PDT 2009

While finishing the long-overdue sorting of my vocal 78s,  I found something
which strikes me as a real oddball...but I don't really know much about late
40s 78s so maybe it's not so strange after all,  but...

It's a sort of plastic pressing thing:  Margaret Whiting doing "Please Don't
Kiss Me" on a purple label,  #15058.

OK,  so far so good....but the other side is a BLACK label of Clark Dennis
singing "I'll Never Say I love" you and it says #485!

Was this some kind of hybrid thing for radio stations by any chance?  Both
the songs are from movies issued in 1948.

I can see maybe mixing it up with an old black and a new purple  label,  but
the different catalog numbers seems really  weird.

Any info about this or other such Capitol issues would be appreciated.

Taylor B