[78-L] Jack Teagarden's First Vocal Recording??

Bill McClung bmcclung at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 22 13:59:30 PDT 2009

In Jay Smith's Jack Teagarden biography it says his vocal debut on record
was on Ben Pollack's Bugle Call Rag and consisted of one line.  The book
has a partial discography so I don't have a label or year (1928 or 1929?).

999-B, Makin' Friends.  I was told this was Jack Teagarden's first recorded
vocal.  Can anyone confirm that?  View here:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znLbdRFhg4w
>
> The 78 rpm Online Discography dates the recording to 2/11/29, however a
recording date of 10/13/28 was posted by a viewer.