[78-L] Bob Russell, was EFHJREM

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jun 22 10:24:41 PDT 2009

Thanks for the correction on the lyrics,  Ray.  I had always assumed that
Russell wrote the lyrics,  as they seem to have the literate flavor of his
Ellington work.

Talk about brilliant images...Don't Get Around Much Anymore is nothing but.

My favorite Bob Russell couplet is in I Didn't Know About You:  "I ran
around with my own little crowd/  The usual laughs,  not often but loud..."

Boy...does that give you a word picture of a sad and empty life...perfect!

Taylor