[78-L] Acoustic recordings on Montgomery Ward

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Jun 21 20:11:27 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <soundthink at aol.com>
> How do you know this? I was never aware that Ward's made this assumption.
> Cary Ginell

Well, I'm GUESSING they did! They seem to have had a "pick" of the then-
existing Victor catalog...and their MW-label releases included a LOT of
pre-electric Victor recordings of "standards"...particularly Henry Burr, who
performed on WLS's "National Barn Dance" until his death in 1942!

After all, Columbia made the same assumption...their Harmony (et al)
records were generally acoustic until 1930!

...stevenc