[78-L] Hope you will like this - Here's another genius

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jun 20 09:54:13 PDT 2009

Tim Huskisson wrote:
> Well, this guy is good, but the 11 year old playing 'All of me' is (in my
> opinion) a genius of superhuman proportions. Why?..
> 1) He is playing Django Reinhardt style Jazz guitar - at 11 years old.
> 2) He is playing it almost AS WELL as Django Reinhardt (at least, I could
> believe it was Django if I didn't know otherwise).
> That would be quite an achievement for an adult, but for an 11 year old to
> not only understand the idiom, but to be able to construct inventive and
> swinging improvisations that have the technical maturity of a seasoned
> professional is quite extraordinary.
>
> (I am presuming he is playing along to his own pre-recorded accompaniment.)
>
> Tim Huskisson
=========
The accompaniment was the spoiler in the performance, trying as it was
to replicate Django's stodgy rhythm sections.

Perhaps he'll be persuaded to take on Oscar Aleman!

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4173 (20090620) __________

http://www.eset.com