[78-L] Hope you will like this - Here's another genius

Tim Huskisson timhuskisson at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 20 09:12:54 PDT 2009

Well, this guy is good, but the 11 year old playing 'All of me' is (in my
opinion) a genius of superhuman proportions. Why?..
1) He is playing Django Reinhardt style Jazz guitar - at 11 years old.
2) He is playing it almost AS WELL as Django Reinhardt (at least, I could
believe it was Django if I didn't know otherwise).
That would be quite an achievement for an adult, but for an 11 year old to
not only understand the idiom, but to be able to construct inventive and
swinging improvisations that have the technical maturity of a seasoned
professional is quite extraordinary.

(I am presuming he is playing along to his own pre-recorded accompaniment.)

Tim Huskisson