[78-L] First stereo musical

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 18 09:50:02 PDT 2009

soundthink at aol.com wrote:

> West Side Story came out in mono in 1957 (OL 5230); the stereo version (OS 2001) in 1959.

DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT! Schwann April 1959 lists West Side Story's stereo
version as November 1958. Oh, and "Desert Song", "New Girl in Town" and "Say,
Darling" were all issued by RCA and first Schwanned in August 1958. Lots of
soundtracks put out in stereo that year but cast albums were a bit slower off
the mark.

> Cary Ginell (mono version)

dl (rechanneled)