[78-L] Annette Hanshaw's Last Interview

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Jun 16 17:48:57 PDT 2009

bruce78rpm at comcast.net wrote:
> So here it is for anyone else who has never heard
> her last 10 minute interview done in 1972.

What makes this her last interview?  Or is this just the last ten minute
interview she did in 1972.  Perhaps she did a nine minute interview
later in the year?  Or maybe she did another ten minute interview in
1973 and this one is the last ten minute one she did in 1972?  I'll be
seeing Roy Evans on Friday at the Jazz Bash and I'll ask him.  He was a
close friend of hers for the years after this.  I do know that she did
not like to do "interviews" but did talk to people.  She was upset when
she found out that portions of her recorded conversation with Brian Rust
was released on LP without advance notice.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com