[78-L] Signatures on Columbia banner records

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Tue Jun 16 15:28:54 PDT 2009

Yes, yes, not specally scarce records.  Only this is my idea of a valuable
(although easy to find, and cheap) record.

I must be a bit of an odd fellow... the 78s I consider valuable are not
rarities at all, and many of them can be easily obtainable in it's original
form, or transferred to CD through any of the myriad of CD reissues in the
market.

I consider valuable some 78s I like most (many of them absolutely standard
Deccas by Bing, Victors or Columbias by Ellington, etc. etc.) and generally
they've costed no more than $3.

I also consider valuable some records made by personalities I consider as
musical geniuses, or people with which I feel a special connection.

Generally speaking, the 78s more priced aren't from my field of tastes... I
have kept down in my basement lots of 78s which I suspect would reach higher
prices in auctions, etc., being played by famous people, or being rarities,
etc.

Iñigo Cubillo