[78-L] glass-base lacquer coated recording discs; was: Glass Compound 78s

Mark S. Chester mschester at email.msn.com
Tue Jun 16 11:15:39 PDT 2009

Yes, from the subject line I thought it meant that there were shellac 78s
that used ground-up glass instead of rottenstone or other clay material as a
solid ingredient, sort of like a finer form of glasphalt. After a few
messages I caught on. The term "glass compound 78s" is misleading.

Mark S. Chester
Phoenixville, PA
www.whalom.com
www.wurlitzer165.com