[78-L] Condition freak

Erwin Kluwer ekluwer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 04:42:36 PDT 2009

Ok, I'll admit I am a freak when it comes to the condition of vintage
records...

I generally won't settle for a less then a E or E+ condition... Over the
years I have a lot of desired rarities passed by because there were in less
condition (except for exceptional  rare items were virtually no better
copies seem to exists...)

Over the years I became more and more strict about this so I don't buy too
many items because of my severance in this.. I almost don't  mind what I
 pay for a record when it's close to perfect (I always seem to  manage to
suppress what I paid for a record, but Iam constantly bugged by it's defects
(the worst (in order of horror): a crack, greying, needle runs (very visible
on label brrrr), obvious scratch, lamination cracks, needle digs

The worst torture for me is to purchase a rare overgraded record...
It's becoming  a sick thing. I want even a Berliner to be  near mint, or
Blues Paramounts.... Well guess the trouble  finding that!!

My guess is that a lot of collectors are a lot less picky about a
record's condition....Or am I mistaken...??

If any out there, please come out of the closet!!  I am hoping to have
enough troubled reactions to start a selfhelp group.

Erwin