[78-L] More questions re GGO on VT 2183-V.

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Jun 14 13:04:59 PDT 2009

Pumiglio is a fine player...not sure I'd agree that he is better than JD but
he is a great musician and can withstand comparison with any reed player of
the era.  His tone on clarinet is wonderful.  One of my faves of his is The
Singing Boys' Harmony of  "You'll Recognize My Baby."  He cooks on that one!

I noted one of the violins as Joe LaFaro...is this man any relation
(father?) of bass player Scott  LaFaro who played with the late 50s Bill
Evans group,  and who died in a car accident around 1961?

I also noted that the personnel provided by Lord us part Ramblers regulars
and part Lown regulars (Cush,  Grey,  Felline,  etc.).

And...I'm curious where Lord found some of his info...Allan Sutton told me
that 90% of the personnel listings in Rust are sheer guesses.  How did Lord
learn what he learned?

Taylor B